12 Tips for bringing Scandinavian Design into your home
What is Scandinavian Design and how to decorate your interior in Scandi Style
Scandinavian design is a mix of Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Finnish styles reflected in spaces filled with light, natural elements, palettes of neutral colours and pure lines, primarily minimalist in style.
The Scandinavian region is highly regarded for everything from furniture, decoration and interiors because they live and breathe a stylish, functional lifestyle sort after for many seeking a clean, highly functional, minimalist design environment.
Although “Scandi design”, as it is often known, is sleek and simple it embodies elegance and warmth, functionality and a sense of comfort.
Black and white room decor is often used as the main colors, combining with natural materials, such as woods, providing both warmth and texture. Scandinavian designs are characterised by natural and spacious lighting, fewer accessories and functional furniture.
Scandinavian interior designs are timeless and perfect for adapting over time. Even as tastes evolve the accessories and furniture can be adorned and contemporized through the use of different colours and patterns.
Tips for bringing Scandinavian Design into your own home:
- White walls and grey and blue fabrics give the atmosphere of a Scandinavian interior.
- Elegant kitchens with wooden cabinets and ceramic dishes.
- Incorporate Danish Furniture into any space for a sleek, modernist feeling.
- Minimalistic white sheets and curtains with one print pattern make the space cool but elegant at the same time.
- Wooden, preferably lightweight floor in all rooms except the bathrooms.
- Add bedding and geometrical cushions.
- Use decorative pillows.
- Bed headboards.
- Built-in wardrobes.
- Create a gallery for your family photos with a wall with shelves.
- Make sure you keep the same colors or theme when combining shelves and tables in the same space.
- Minimalistic white sheets and curtains with one print pattern make the space cool but elegant at the same time
However you choose to do it Scandinavian design contains an element inspired by nature to every room and will add a beautiful, elegant and functional space to every home. Check out some more Scandinavian Design inspirations here.
A beautiful example of clean, minimalist white walls and flooring interspersed with wooden highlights.